Based on the theories and research of Robert Cialdini and other great influencers, attendees will explore the “weapons’” or six principles of influence that can be used to gain support and facilitate action in negotiations and broader business and social interactions.
Cialdini has broken these down into four key actions that use a variety of techniques to prepare and deliver a message that increases the chance for obtaining the results you would like.
Using a role-playing and immersive process, attendees will prepare and then practice the key actions by applying them to real life work situations. These tools focus on three key areas, connecting with others, gaining commitment to action and encouraging others to except ones viewpoint.
The specific actions identified during the training session will then be taken back to the workplace and exercised to impact performance.
Training Focus & Benefits
- Trains participants to organize their thoughts by focusing on the needs of their listeners to achieve their objectives.
- Encourages objectives by clear and concise delivery of message.
- Overcomes resistance to addressing listeners’ concerns, opinions and ideas.
- Ensures ideas are ‘actioned’ by developing a road-map to the objective.
- Facilitates the sharing of ideas for improving workplace innovations centered around achieving business results.