Professional Correspondence & Business Writing
Communication – in every form – is a reflection of the professionalism of the individual and can either enhance or compromise the reputational integrity of a company and or team.
Using our proven methodology to improve professional and business correspondence, attendees will become aware of “Common Emailing Issues” as well as how to implement best practices in their daily work in correspondence with client and colleagues.
Our comprehensive email workshop and training modules have immediate takeaways and provide a systematic approach to achieving higher response rates and communications clarity.
Ultimahub training consultants have years of experience in Asia, the Asia Pacific and around the world in helping Fortune 500 companies overcome cross-cultural communications challenges. We are at the forefront of the training industry with regard to business communication and improving industry specific cultural written frameworks.
Selecting the correct metaphors anchors, idioms and expressions are an essential part of being successful with cross-cultural communication – the subtlety and tone of an email can be the difference between achieving a quick response and sales objective or create further confusion and miscommunication.
7 Facts About Emailing You Might Not Know:
- Email is the core medium from which all modern business instigates and flows
- Communications consistency is directly related to achieving timely and efficient results
- Learning how and when to respond to emails is a crucial time management and business skill that is often never learned
- 85% of customer contact and customer service interactions are via email
- 92% of contracts and agreements are confirmed and finalized via email
- Billions of dollars stemming from misunderstandings, mistakes and errors stemming from email miscommunication are incurred by businesses every year
- Understanding and practicing email best practices will save your company time, money and improve your overall brand reputation amongst your clients and business partners
Common Emailing Issues:
- Over Acceptance
- Lack of Empathy
- Incorrect Grammar
- Delivering Bad News
- Persuasive Techniques
- Setting Achievable Goals
- Cross Cultural Breakdowns
- Unappreciated use of Slang
- Unrealistic Goals Adherence
- Reader & Audience Analysis
- Ineffective Emailing Structure
- Failure to provide Clarification
- Incorrect use of Email as a Tool
- Inability to Clarify Calls to Action
- Unstructured Emailing Frequency
- Inability to Achieve Written Rapport
The majority of employees in a company have never received formal email training or guidelines – Don’t Become A Statistic!
Courses take a structured approach to teach attendees a set of guidelines in order to improve their writing style, tone and structure depending on the circumstance and the industry that they are in.
A key take away and objective of our interactive training and workshops is how to become more persuasive and concise in one’s business communications and how to leverage these principles beyond correspondence and into all interactions with clients, co-workers and business partners.
- Strong vs. Weak Language
- Indirect vs. Direct Language
- Informal vs. Formal Language
- Understanding Emotional vs. Rational Readers
- Understanding Positive vs. Negative Language
- ‘ The art of the tone’ – when and when not to use it
- ‘6 Weapons of Influence’ by Robert Cialdini
- Increasing acceptance using the Effort and Benefit Matrix